October 11 - 12, 2022 | Arlington, Virginia.
- IRG, RCN, and International awardees can bring up to three project personnel, including community stakeholders per active S&CC project. Planning Grant awardees can bring up to two project personnel, including community stakeholders.
- Lead PIs of active S&CC projects are required to attend in-person for the full duration of the meeting. If you are the Lead PI has a legitimate reason for not attending, please contact Vishal Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate who from the team will be representing the project and presenting materials at the PI meeting. You should include both the representative's name and email address.
- As teams are deciding who the additional attendees should be from their team, please consider:
- Other project personnel (e.g. Co-PIs, students, community members, etc.) are strongly encouraged to attend for the full duration of the meeting.
- Other project personnel attending in person are required to register.
- As space allows, more seats may be available for additional project personnel. If teams would like to invite an additional project team member beyond the limit stated above, please notify us through the Lead PI's registration form.
- Other project personnel and community stakeholders are welcome to create S&CC VO accounts, but are not required to login to register for the PI Meeting. They can register here using the same registration code provided to lead PIs. Lead PIs should provide the registration code to all project team invitees.
The deadline to register is Monday, September 12, 2022. The registration code can be found in your invitation letter. Please review the meeting code of conduct, COVID-19 policy, and crowd release policy prior to registering.
The meeting will be held at the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel, located at 1700 Richmond Highway in the Crystal City Community of Arlington, Virginia. A block of rooms is available at a group rate of $257/night plus tax. The reduced rates are available from Monday, October 10 and Tuesday, October 11 with a check-out date of Wednesday, October 12. You may make reservations online or by calling the hotel at (703) 920-3230. Should you require additional rooms outside of the block, please note that there will be a rate increase and you will have to call the hotel at the number provided to make your reservation. When calling, please mention the Smart & Connected Communities (S&CC) group block to receive the reduced rate. The deadline for making a reservation in the block is Monday, September 19.
All active projects are required to present a poster and prepare a lightning talk. Lightning talks must be prepared in PowerPoint format as well as in a pre-recorded video format. Lightning talks will not be presented "live" at the PI Meeting. However, project posters will be presented "live" at the PI Meeting. It is optional for interested PIs to prepare "live" project demonstrations. The materials will be posted on the NSF Smart & Connected Communities Virtual Organization.
Lightning talks must be pre-recorded. There are powerpoint templates for each category of lightning talks that must be used as well as a max time limit for the recordings. The video should show the speaker presenting the slides. The recording should be submitted in mp4 format, and the slides should be submitted in PPTX format. Additional guidance about how to record a video presentation can be found here.
Templates and time limits:
- ASEAN (5 min time limit)
- 2017 & 2018 IRG (5 min time limit)
- 2020 IRG (5 min time limit)
- 2021 IRG (4 min time limit)
- JST IRG (4 min time limit)
- Planning Grants (3 min time limit)
The PI meeting programming will incorporate in-person poster sessions. The posters will be displayed for the full duration of the meeting. The electronic copy of your poster must be submitted in PDF format. You must download and use the poster template. Poster dimensions are 30 inches wide x 40 inches tall.
The lead PI is responsible for ensuring that the printed poster is set up by 8:00am on the first day of the meeting. The poster display stands have a cushioned backing panel. The amount of space available for each poster is 4 ft tall by 4 ft wide. The printed versions of posters may be in any format that fits within that space. Push pins will be provided by the organizers. Assigned poster session locations will be available shortly.
If you desire to have your poster printed and picked up locally, the Crystal Gateway Marriott has a FedEx located onsite. Following is the link if you decide to contact this FedEx: https://local.fedex.com/en-us/va/arlington/office-5617.
PIs will have the opportunity to participate in optional demonstration sessions. The purpose of the demo sessions is to showcase projects in such a way that non-S&CC experts may appreciate and understand the importance and significance of the research. You may indicate your interest in the demo sessions on the meeting registration form. You will receive a notification from the S&CC organizers if your project is selected for the session. If your project is selected, you will need to submit the demo webform (link below) to indicate what materials will be needed for your demo.
- File naming conventions: LEAD_PI-LAST-NAME_AWARD-ID_SCC2022-Lightning-Talk.mp4 (pptx for the slides)
September 12, 2022 AoEDeadline Extension: Monday, September 19, 2022 AoE
- Submit here
- File naming convention: LEAD_PI-LAST-NAME_AWARD-ID_SCC2022-Poster.pdf
- Deadline: S
eptember 12, 2022 AoEDeadline Extension: Monday, September 19, 2022 AoE
- Submit here
- Deadline to express interest:
September 12, 2022 AoEDeadline Extension: September 19, 2022 AoE
- Please express your interest in the Poster Submission link above